Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:49:09 -0700
From:      Jay_Mobley@Stream.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel dump when configuring NIC

Hi..

     First of all you all pretty much kick ass for helping novices like me out
at the drop of a hat.! I cant give my what my kernel looks like unfrotunately
because I cant get the NIC to work. but here is what happens when I try to
IFCONFIG EP0:

Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address      =   0x0
fault code          = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer      = 0x8 : 0x0
stack pointer       = 0x10:0xf0207fb8
frame pointer       = 0x10:0x0
code segment        = base 0x0. limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
               = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags    = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL= 0
current process          = Idle
Interrupt mask      = net tty
panic: page fault

syncing disks... done
automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

thank you for doing what you can. I realize that more information could be
helpfull.. but I don't have the resourses to type out my entrie Kernel
configruation.
thanks
-Jay