Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:23:48 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fix: lock order reversal proc/filedesc.

Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> writes:
> What exactly is broken about dumps for you on ata?

Well, after you told me that "call dumpsys" is no longer kosher (when
did that happen, and where was it documented?), I tried 'call doadump':

# Debugger("manual escape to debugger")
Stopped at      Debugger+0x50:  xchgl   %ebx,in_Debugger.0
db> call doadump
Dumping 511 MB
ata1: resetting devices ..
Context switches not allowed in the debugger.
db> call cpu_reset

Makes me want to get my Norwegian Sword [tm] and make a short trip to
Denmark.

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that the majority of FreeBSD
developers don't really care if their code works, as long as they get
the credit (and / or paycheck) for committing it.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org