Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:40:18 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Will OpenSSH 2.2 be in 4.1.1?

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Joe Kelsey wrote:
>
> > OpenSSH 2.2 has been in -current for a while now.  Are there plans to
> > release it into -stable in time for 4.1.1?
>
> I'd be a bit nervous doing this - it's only been in current for 11 days,
> and it uncovered one bug in libc already which was only just fixed. I
> think the answer is "no" :-(

There's also the ssh/xstrdup(pw_class) bug I sent you a fix for.

Having said that, the libc one has been there forever (well, it looks
like the sshd in -stable has it too)....  I have no idea why it didn't
rear it's ugly head 'till now.

(btw, these are just observations - I'm not arguing that the latest
ssh should be MFC'd at all, hell, it's a pleasant change to see
things not getting MFC'd before people have a chance to do their
daily buildworld!).

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>