Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:00:22 +0200
From:      "jedihobbes@gmail.com" <jedihobbes@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad T43 strangeness

It's not USB, it's the built in one. No USB related error messages,
USB devices work. Moused fails, because it can't find /dev/psm0.
AFAIK, the touchpad is a PS2 device.

As a thought, I just read in NOTES that adding "device acpi" is
deprecated, but then if I take "device acpi" out and leave "device
acpi_ibm" then acpi_ibm does NOT load. Also, be aware that I have
"hint.acpi.apic.0.disabled=3D"1"" and "hw.psm.synaptics_support=3D"1"" in
loader.conf. One final note, if you look at the bottom of your T43
under "Type", what does it say? Mine's an 1871-14G, which means no
fingerprint reader, Intel Media Graphics Accelerator 900 instead of
Mobility Radeon X300 and so on.

So. Do I remove "device acpi" from my kernconf??? Will "device
acpi_video" make any difference to the situation? What would make psm
NOT detect the internal mouse when I have "device acpi" in my
kernconf, as opposed to when acpi is loaded dynamically on boot? I am
SO confused:-P