Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 01:23:32 +0100 (IST)
From:      Zoldi Arpad <arpi@wuzwuz.ucg.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD installation

Hello!

I hope someone can help me.
I am trying to install FreeBSD and I have some problems. I have the
bootdisk, I am trying to install to a 450M partition. I don't know if
it's important, the partition contains a caldera linux installation.
I wanted install over ftp. I got with the installation to the fdisk stage.
I changed the partition type ("slice" as I see in freebsd) from ext2fs to
freebsd. Now I have to create on this partition other partitions, root,
swap and usr is recommanded. First I tried "Auto defaults for all" but it
was not working, I got the "unable to  create the root partition. too
big?" error message.
Then I tried to create manually the partitions but that was not working
either. When I try to create the root partition I got an error messsage:
"this region cannot be used for yout root partition as the freebsd boot
code cannot deal with a root partition created in that location. .. choose
another location or a smaller size..."
Ok, now I tried to create the swap partion first but I got the same error:
unable to create the partition, too big?
So, now I don't know what to do.
Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong, what could I try to do now?
Thanks!
Regards,
	Arpi

Arpad Zoldi 	 Galway, Ireland