Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:45:04 -0800
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4-stable, sendmail, and named-authoritative zones

VN> And whether `echo \$=w | sendmail -bt' says unallowed names?

marck> Yes. All IP addresses in square brackets, and as well all hostnames that
marck> are back-resolves of all IP aliases. I suppose the very latter is the
marck> source of error. But -- I'm still a bit clueless how to turn it off..

You can turn that off using:

M4 Variable Name	Configuration	Description & [Default]
================	=============	=======================
confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES  DontProbeInterfaces
					[False] If set, sendmail will _not_
					insert the names and addresses of any
					local interfaces into class {w}
					(list of known "equivalent" addresses).