Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2011 14:40:35 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox blueports repository moved to redports.org

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Brandon Gooch
<jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Bernhard Froehlich <decke@freebsd.org> w=
rote:
>> Hi VirtualBox Testers!
>>
>> I think it's the right time now to announce that the virtualbox blueport=
>> repository that a few of you were using moved to a new location.
>>
>> That is because in the last few months I was heavily working on a new
>> FreeBSD port building cluster called redports.org which is also the
>> new environment where I usually build test all virtualbox versions and
>> the new home of VirtualBox for FreeBSD. redports.org is the successor
>> of the blueports repository but the history was migrated so nothing is
>> lost.
>>
>> Since last week I am back to my usual virtualbox work and have already
>> pushed a few very interesting patches from Andriy Gapon and Ed Schouten
>> upstream. All ports are at their latest available versions now so we
>> are _not_ lagging behind in the development repository. I just do not
>> want to push those versions in the tree before 9.0-RELEASE is out the
>> door. So I am currently waiting for 9.0 to be released and then I will
>> update our virtualbox-ose ports to 4.1.8 and virtualbox-ose-legacy to
>> 4.0.14.
>>
>> If you want to test the latest versions have a look at the new repositor=
y:

>> - virtualbox-ose 4.1.8 (0 days old)
>> - virtualbox-ose-devel 4.1.51r39575 (10 days old)
>> - virtualbox-ose-legacy 4.0.14 (2 months old)
>> - phpvirtualbox 4.1-5 (1 month old)
>>
>> Keep in mind that you need to update devel/kBuild first to compile the
>> newer virtualbox versions. Latest kBuild is also included in the
>> repository.
>>
>> For support the IRC channel and mailinglist are still the same :o)
>>

>> Support:
>> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>>
>> IRC: #fbsd-mentors on irc.unixfreunde.de
>> irc://irc.unixfreunde.de/fbsd-mentors
>>
>> Mailinglist:
>> freebsd-emulation (at) FreeBSD.org
>>
>> EMail:
>> vbox (at) FreeBSD.org
>>

>> Development Repository:
>> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>>
>> Browseable:
>> http://redports.org/browser/virtualbox
>>
>> SVN Checkout:
>> svn co http://svn.redports.org/virtualbox/
>>
>> tar Archive of repository:
>> http://redports.org/~virtualbox/svn.tar.bz2
>>
>> RSS Feed:
>> http://redports.org/log/virtualbox?format=3Drss&limit=3D25
>>

>> --
>> Bernhard Froehlich
>> http://www.bluelife.at/
>
> First off, thank you for the tremendous quality and quantity of work
> you (all) are doing with VirtualBox, and the new redports.org
> infrastructure. =A0The work is truly exemplary and is an awesome example
> of the type of dedication required for a healthy, successful open
> source community effort.

> [...]

The patch seems to have been eaten by the mail systems. Can you either
put it in-line in a message or make sure that the attachment is
text/plain? Probably text/*, but application and most (all?) other
MIME types won't make it.
--=20
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com