Date:      	23 Sep 1998 16:51:54 +0200
From:      Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        melange@yip.org (Bob K)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Worrisome kernel messages

melange@yip.org (Bob K) writes:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Nathan Ahlstrom wrote:
>

> > > Sep  1 22:18:06 pi /kernel: file: table is full
> >
> > I think that increasing maxusers in your kernel config file will remedy
> > this.
> >
> > Good Luck,
>
> Thanks.  I'll try this.  (My kernel config file doesn't have a maxusers
> line, but I'll assume the default is 10 a` la LINT, so I'll try 15, I
> suppose)

ACTUALLY ...

sysctl -w kern.maxfiles=1024
sysctl -w kern.maxvnodes=2048

is the way to go. The default of 360 max. open files is much too low in
a heavily used system.

-Walter (catching up mails after holidays)

--
Walter Hafner_______________________________ hafner@in.tum.de
      <A href=http://www.in.tum.de/~hafner/>*CLICK*</A>;