Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:02:31 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@lust.geekhouse.net>
To:        david@banning.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: listening to radio on FreeBSD

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 at 01:29:22 +0000, David Banning wrote:
> I believe audio files are *.ram files listened to normally with
> realplayer (in Windows) - for FreeBSD must I load Linux-Netscape to
> use the linux-realplayer plugin or will the linux-plugin work with
> FreeBSD netscape?

If you want to use realplayer as a plugin, yes, you must use
linux-netscape.  The native version of Netscape doesn't support plugins
and is quite determined to die a horrible death at every chance it gets.

> Alternatively, is there a different plugin for FreeBSD that will do
> the job?

Not that I'm aware of.  linux-netscape and linux-realplayer work fine
for me :-)

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org