Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:50:45 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Derek Burns / Bend-Pak <Derek@BendPak.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Administration

Derek Burns / Bend-Pak wrote:

>Is there a way I can administer my FreeBSD web server from my pc?

FreeBSD generally has sshd(8) enabled
by default.  This is "Secure Shell", and
is similar to telnet, but better ;-)

 From the CLI on another 'Nix/Linux box, try:

$ssh username@hostname

     and see what happens.  If you are running
X (KDE/Gnome/XFCE/Enlighement/Whatever),
open a terminal and do the same.

If you are running Microsoft Windows, you'll
need to install an SSH client.  I like PuTTY,
(ftp://chiark.greenend.org.uk/users/sgtatham/putty-latest/)
but there are others.  Google for "SSH client", and,
if you're brave, include the term "Free" ;-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.