Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:57:34 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe" <mit@branchmedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@freesd.org
Subject:   Re: RealPort Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 (RBEM56G-100BTX)

> From: "Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe" <mit@branchmedia.com>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:30:06 -0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
>  Curious... does FreeBSD suport the Xircom RealPort Ethernet
> 10/100+Modem 56™ (RBEM56G-100BTX) PC Card, at least the Ethernet
> part of it?

Sorry, but the RBE* Xircom cards are CardBus and is not supported in
V4. CardBus support is available in current which should be out as V5
early next year. The guy working on the NEWCARD code is slowly moving
code into stable and it is quite possible that V4 will support NEWCARD
by this fall, but this is dependent on the amount of time the
developer has to work on it.

Note: I am only repeating things Warner has posted to this and other
FreeBSD lists in the past. I do not speak for him in any way and may
have mis-interpreted something.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)