Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 1996 08:50:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        clary@s4.elec.uq.edu.au (Clary Harridge)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Honeywell 3 button mouse

> I am trying to use a Honywell 3 button mouse for FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE.
>
> Honywell Model No 3HW53-2E.

I never heard about that type of mouse. What is so interesting about that
type of mouse that it prevents you from buying a 15.00 bucks OEM mouse
speaking todays mouse protocols?

If that mouse works under Windows there might be a chance that it
understands the protocol option "MicroSoft". But from the name
'Honeywell' I guess it is a pre-PC times model.

If you particularly like the ergonomics of that  mouse you might
also try to exchange the innards by means of some hardware hackery.