Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2014 04:29:23 -0500
From:      Andrew Berg <aberg010@my.hennepintech.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Stability of unionfs - general recommendation?

On 2014.06.06 03:35, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> My internet research yielded some questionable results on the stability of
> unionfs. I understood there was an "old" implementation and a "newer" one
> introduced in FreeBSD 6.3[1].
I asked about this on the doc mailing list (because of the the way the man page
is worded) and was told the new unionfs implementation deserves the big scary
warning in the man page about as much as the old one. There have also been some
recent discussions on IRC with the same general feeling, so I wouldn't trust it.