Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:53:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike <mike@seidata.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Laptops

  I've installed FreeBSD-PAO (www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO) on two IBM
Thinkpads and the machines work just as well as any desktop
counterparts. I am going to use one as a server this fall as I still
dorm and it's hard to beat the silence of a laptop.

   I would have to someday wish PAO would merge into -current but I
still love the work they've done.  PCMCIA vendors seem to be as numerous
and arbitrary as ISA vendors.  I'm also happy to report that in the
instances I've seen, PAO has better hardware support than Linux in
reguard to Laptops.  Not only better (as the support generally is, when
it exists), but more comprehensive.

  Have fun,
   Tom