Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:51:25 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: T1 upgrade options?

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, dennis wrote:
> First of all, YOU are putting our systems up against dedicated routers, we
> sell cards, systems for convenience. I have a cisco router and I find it
> rather annoying to have to wire up a terminal to it to upgrade software or
> do any maintenance that requires console access. You'll be doing
> upgrades or maintenance much more often then your video card will
> fail, and if it fails it will not bring your system down anyway.
>
> THATS why, and if you dont like it take the damn thing out....I dont care.
> :-)

Although as I said originally, the only times our (FreeBSD) router has
gone down so far have been due to (in order)
 1) power failure. (twice)
 2) me rebooting to take the video card out because I didn't need it
 3) me rebooting to put the video card back in, so I could leave some
    crud flashin past on the screen for clients/management to feel happy
    with. =)

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342