Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:20:17 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@freebsd.org>, Paul Saab <ps@freebsd.org>, Matt Dillon <dillon@freebsd.org>, Soeren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   vm page panic

Hi guys,

ok, sources cvsupped yesterday afternoon, just before my ffs_alloc.c
commit [which I did, obviously, add myself locally].

Box had been running for a while when all of a sudden it got into a
panic:

vm_page_alloc: free/cache page 0xc0776fa4 was dirty

a trace in ddb shows:

allocbuf()
getblk()
ffs_balloc()
ffs_write()
vn_rdwr()
elf_coredump()
coredump()

Unfortunately my ata controller didn't get reprobed [just was hanging
there] so I couldn't get a crashdump. =( [HPT366]

So consider this a heads-up, since you might encounter this.

Extra info:

devfs running,
/ is normal FFS
/tmp, /var, /usr, /storage all soft-updated.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai .oUo. asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best