Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:19:17 -0700
From:      Donald Acton <acton@opentext.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        acton@vn.opentext.com
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5-RELEASE > 64Megabyte generates kernel panic

Yesterday I reported a problem with FreeBSD in the following configuration
ASUS P2L97 AGP Motherboard with 128Mbytes of 10ns SDRAM DIMMS in 64MB modules
266MHz Pentium II. Basically, it wouldn't work with the 2nd DIMM in place.

 Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu> reported that others were
suggesting that the 2nd DIMM be moved out of the middle slot. (There are 3
DIMM slots on this board.) Well, I tried that and it worked. The machine has
been up about 12 hours now in that configuration. We fired up some memory and
I/O intensive applications and they have been beating on the memory and disk
subsystems all day now. So far the machine has been flawless so it looks like
that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the responses.

Donald Acton
acton@vn.opentext.com