Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:11:47 -0500
From:      "Jesse Gross" <jesse_gross@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Very Slow Response Time

Hello,

I recently installed 4.2 FreeBSD and the installation seemed to go fine.
Almost all of my hardware is on the compatibility list, and I told the
install program all of my IRQs, I/O ports and memory addresses. I can login
in fine and everything seems to work, but when I load X the response time is
horrible. It takes about half an hour to load and when it does, it is so
slow that mouse movement is vey chopy. I have a fairly new system (AMD
Athalon, 128 MB RAM) so I don't think thats the problem. Does anyone know of
any solutions to this problem? Any help is greatly appretiated.

Thank you

fonePhreak