Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 02:03:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Pepa <bpepa@gateway.nwss.sd40.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   multiple webcams

Hi,

The company I work for is looking to have 4 webcams in various parts of
our facilities.  We currently run FreeBSD boxes for servers and is there
a way to hook them up to my server.

QuickCam's are probably not going to work because the cameras are going
to be 20-30 feet away from the servers, so would there be a video capture
card solutions that supports FreeBSD that could use ordinary NTSC camera's
and stream the images over the internet?

If anyone has any experience with webcams, I'd be very interested to
talking to you.

Thanks,
Ben Pepa