Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:28:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <sleep@insomnia.norden1.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP & LAN

I have a few questions about getting PPP going on a machine which is
primarily intended for use on a LAN.

The LAN connection is fine, but PPP just doesn't work.  I had it working
at one time, but since then I had to reinstall, and unfortunately didn't
have any backups.

Anyhow...

/etc/resolv.conf
domain	xbill.net
nameserver	127.0.0.1

/etc/host.conf
bind
hosts

I'm trying to get PPP together just so that I can do the occasional 'sup.
What do I need to do here?  I think I'm missing something to the effect of
ifconfig_tun0_alias="192.153.35.136 netmask 0xffffffff" in rc.conf.  But
that still doesn't tell me how I am going to resolv names for the
Internet.

Anyhow, forgive me if I'm missing something simple, but I've been working
on this for a few days now and I'm feeling kinda frazzled.  :)

Thanks,
Jim