Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2014 02:28:39 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 VNC in VirtualBox

I'm getting virtualbox-ose-4.2.20 (from ports) working on an =
IPv6-enabled server (9.1-RELEASE-p7).  I dug up this email[1] from about =
a year ago about setting the VNC ports and password via VBoxManage, but =
I seem to be having trouble tracking down how to apply that to IPv6.

I've set "--vrdeport 3300", but when I start the VM with VBoxHeadless it =
reports:
07/01/2014 07:11:29 Listening for VNC connections on TCP port 3300
07/01/2014 07:11:29 Listening for VNC connections on TCP6 port 5900

And netstat -an concurs:
tcp6       0      0 *.5900                 *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 *.3300                 *.*                    LISTEN

I have nothing listening on tcp6 *.3300.

The docs don't seem to mention an alternate v6 command line option for =
the vrdeport.  Is this missing from the docs, or am I just failing to =
spot it?  Or is it missing from OSE entirely?

While I'm at it, the docs on --vrdeaddress[2] are a bit unclear when it =
comes to v4 vs. v6.  The option normally would be for listing addresses =
to listen to, but the docs only show how to specify listening to all =
addresses.  They're easily extrapolated to applying them to a single v4 =
or single v6 address, but not both (the "both" example is =
listen-on-all).  Anyone know what the complete syntax for that option =
is?  Or is it not possible to specify both a single v4 and a single v6 =
address?

Thanks!

[1] =
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2013-January/010354.=