Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:51:43 -0500
From:      "Ben Goodwin" <ben-lists@atomicmatrix.net>
To:        "Oliver Blasnik" <ob@omnilink.net>, "Jeffrey J. Libman" <jeffrl@wantabe.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mountd and rpc.statd won't run

Indeed I ran into this problem just yesterday.  I have found that all my
3.3-RELEASE boxes didn't configure a lo0 by default!  I'd consider that a
bug :-)
I used the 'custom' configuration of the sysinstall program for all my 3.3-R
installs which didn't end up with a configged lo0.. I don't know if other
install types would have done it.
FWIW There were NO references to lo0 in /etc/rc.conf.

    -=| Ben