Date:      Mon, 4 May 2015 09:20:53 -0600
From:      Will Andrews <will@firepipe.net>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>, Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>,  FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Garrett Cooper <ngie@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mergemaster failing with read-only /usr/src

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
>> Well, I do build on that machine directly, and /usr/obj is mounted r/w,
>> only /usr/src is a read-only mount. Trying the workaround on the machine
>> istself does not help, unfortunately: while the "make buildenv" does
>> work without a problem, mergemaster still fails in the same way.
>
> I was going to move it to etc/tests soon since it wasn=E2=80=99t really t=
esting /etc/rc.d/, but it makes more sense (with the issue above), just to =
create .../tests/etc, and move things there. I wish etc/ wasn=E2=80=99t suc=
h a special butterfly...

I'm not sure which is the better approach.

I guess you could argue that etc/rc.d tests like this are technically
kernel tests (and only incidentally test the relevant rc.d script),
and therefore belong in tests/etc, the same way the kernel tests are
in tests/sys.

--Will.