Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:34:54 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Scott Benjamin <SBenjamin@quest.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail VS Qmail

Scott Benjamin wrote:

> I'm running a box and I'm concerned with the security of that machine.  I've
> heard some remarks that Sendmail is not very secure and that Qmail is.  Can
> anyone validate this rumor?
> Is Qmail that good of an alternative?

There have been huge threads written about just that topic. Personally I've
tried qmail for a while but didn't find it as comfortable as sendmail. So I
went back to sendmail. As to security, sendmail is as safe as you make it.
And it sees a lot of use, so there is lots of feedback and information
out there. Maybe too much <g>.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.