Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:37:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK on FreeBSD

Michael Robinson wrote:
> Greg Lewis writes:
> >I believe that Sun have released the HotSpot code under the SCSL, as they
> >did the JDK 1.2.2, so it should be relatively easy to obtain access to it.
>
> Let me quote:
>
>  "Install a JIT
[snippage]
> So, my best information is that the FreeBSD team does not have an idea for
> a plan for how to get access to the HotSpot code in JDK 1.3.
>
> Of course, I may be misinformed.

Hi Michael,

That was referring to the JIT which came with 1.2.2 (sunwjit).  HotSpot is
a different beast.  Take a look at
http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/hotspot/index.html

Nate has already indicated that we should be getting better source code
access through Sun and BSDi too :).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083