Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:25:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Davis <dd002f@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD PR

I am not certain of a good way to accomplish this, but I think an
excellent way to start is to aim at college students (in much the way that
Microsoft is). Currently, many of my peers are completely unaware of
FreeBSD, aside from some hardcore computer geeks (of course, I do my best
to make them aware). If people start using FreeBSD during college years
(perhaps the time of greatest increase in computer exposure for many,
myself included), they will likely be hooked for life; I should know, I
think I may be hooked myself. (=

There is the added advantage amongst college students in that many dorms
these days are equipped with Ethernet, offering the perfect testing ground
for those who wish to learn (read: fool around with) http/ftp serving and
the like. These may very well be tomorrow's sysadmins.

Of course, I really do not know specifically how we might accomplish this.
FreeBSD boot disks for all the comp. sci., math, and physics majors? (just
kidding) Seriously, though, I think just making FreeBSD known in my
neighborhood and emphasizing its strong networking abilities would do some
good.

Just my opinion. Feel free to call me a fool. I am young, so I am allowed
to have silly ideas. (=

-Davis