Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2014 10:35:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using subversion

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El día Sunday, June 08, 2014 a las 11:51:30AM -0400, Robert Huff escribió:
>
>>       I have a system whose source tree is updated by subversion per the
>> handbook.
>>       For reasona I won't get into, I want to _completely_ scrub those
>> directories and all related svn information and do a fresh checkout.
>> This is not covered in the Handbook, and I can't find a unified coherent
>> explanation using Google.
>>      Quick-and-dirty (assuming no collateral damage) is fine.
>>      Please help.
>
> Will not help just doing:
>
> # rm -rf /usr/src

Yes.  That's all it takes, the Subversion metadata is in .svn in the
top-level directory of the working copy.

> # cd /usr
> # svn co ....

Yes, or just give svn a destination path:

# svn checkout https://svn0.us-west.freebsd.org/base/stable/10 /usr/src
From owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG  Sun Jun  8 16:59:31 2014
 h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id
 :subject:from:to:cc:content-type;
 bh=dWXwzksEWwsCeSGQ9xQrYQ2oU11aDjc6XHOWtofCAAs=;
 b=n5mITQxjZKYrXl/sDTKdLJO1D766nYCKsz9QZksn8H9eUeKnvkXdG04Tmxihzq8SzG
 uM4D9+Inz8HBjvw8UKm1cpZcvuCwj0X0zyED50oLviUaqX2xaqmuxv2+Q1bKiukd4QLx
 x+/rzJeGPV1VC88uWyuyeK8f1JoOdgBKQnkhRzQBbIMWkBpC6mB2Pdmmeu4Hx9L5/eST
 1E95NyVcM0lKmxUkgXBGVcvnLWejE+hIMExsYFfgoqIdYJJEZ2w3xLNvgxfTIndUc4Vo
 yOIHrcP3g/8ZdC80+u3LV6Hud7uA1XipyIdHF/je9dqcEKdsbfPqyFJli1KHPQh3dqwY
 /SZQ==