Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 2003 21:18:11 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dmp@pantherdragon.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0-R freezing on kernel probe with Toshiba laptop?

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S207 laptop.  When I boot the generic 5.0-R
kernel from a fresh install (fresh as in initial reboot), it will show the
device lines for agp0 then hang indefinitely, requiring that I turn off the
machine via the power button.  This is a repeating event, and occurs with
the generic kernel from the miniinst ISO as well as that from the 5.0-R
install I built on a 4_7 machine.  Using a conservative make.conf didn't help.

The specs on the laptop say it has the "ALi CyberALADDiN-T M1535" chipset,
if that helps any.  The complete specsheet is findable on Toshiba's website,
though they use JSP, so the closest URL I can provide is going to be
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp.