Date:      Mon, 31 May 2010 22:10:04 GMT
From:      Gert Lynge <gert@lynge.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/146545: gio-querymodules in devel/glib20

The following reply was made to PR ports/146545; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gert Lynge <gert@lynge.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, mainhardt@oncampus.de
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 22:09:58 +0200

 Same issue here: FreeBSD xxx.xxxxx.xxx 8.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD
 8.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Wed May 26 05:45:12 UTC 2010
 root@i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

 I've discovered that if you empties /usr/local/lib/gio/modules, glib
 will install just fine.
 If you then later installs anything (for example devel/gio-fam-backend
 - which populates /usr/local/lib/gio/modules) and run gio-querymodules
 (which the gio-fam-backend make install does) it will stall again.
 I'm not a skilled FreeBSD debugger, but by putting some debug
 "g_printerr"-calls in gio-querymodules.c, I discovered that the
 program stalls at this line in gio-querymodules.c

 module = g_module_open (path, G_MODULE_BIND_LAZY | G_MODULE_BIND_LOCAL);

 path is /usr/local/lib/gio/modules/libgiofam.so when it happens for me...

 Hope it helps fixing this issues as it is quite annoying :-)

 Regards,
      Gert