Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 01:44:29 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Status of ISDN drivers

> What do you mean by 'sync'?  Do you really want to get down to layer
> 2?  In any case, you would only need one board: they handle a complete
> BRI.

I mean I want to run 8 bit bytes down the line, not 10 bit bytes. :-)
Clocked serial.  Synchronous serial.

I'd also need two cards - I manage both ends of the link, right? :-)
I wouldn't mind moving the serial load off of freefall anyway.
A semi-intelligent ISDN card could be stuck into a number of different
machines at WC.

						Jordan