Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:20:33 -0500
From:      John.Place@rrd.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anonymous FTP and Symlinks

I am changing platforms for an _INTERNAL_ ftp server (to freebsd of corse).
The old platform (QNX) allowed me to set symlinks and they would be
followed. FreeBSD will not. I realize that this is because of security
purposes that it is like this but I am trying to make a seemless change of
platforms and some users will have a problem with this. Is there a way I
can force ftpd to honor symlinks?

Thanks
John