Date:      Sun, 08 Jul 2001 22:54:58 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
Cc:        Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

Bill Fumerola wrote:

> so this list would be controlled by those who can make changes
> to the FreeBSD web site, right?
>
> well, then lets start the list up:
>
>         $1,000 - in the list
>         $2,000 - I'll bold your entry
>         $2,000 - I'll put your entry at the top

And for a measly million dollars, I'll redirect FreeBSD.org to your
web site.  Payable directly to my account at Bank of the Caymans,
of course.

> ... or maybe we should remind ourselves that the only thing
> official about FreeBSD is the code. Let the CD vendors figure
> out ways to attract customers from each other, lets worry more
> about ways to attract 'customers' from other operating systems.

Bill and Jordan are right on this one, guys.  We (as in FreeBSD) can put
up the ISOs and every Tom, Dick and Harry with a CD burner can distribute
FreeBSD, and differentiate themselves on packaging, sales channel, and
customer service.  Who knows, we might even get a few local shops to pre-
install FreeBSD on a machine or two, with their own FreeBSD discs thrown
in.  It could happen.  I'll talk to SuperDale and see if "Totally Awesome
Computers" will do this, they run their web site on FreeBSD.