Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 09:45:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      John K <john@volvo.se>
To:        mikekowa@ccia.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and WinNT

If the proxy has some Firewall functionality it is likely not to let ICMP=
=20
thru. =3D=3D no ping reply. Or maybe your ISP doesn=B4t? Pinging isn=B4t a=
=20
reliable method of verification, when you aren=B4t sure of the network=20
arcitecture. (just set up a router which needed EIGRP to be able to ping=20
hosts on other networks.. hmm..)

Is there any type of service that will run thru the proxy? have you tried=
=20
ftp or telneting to it? Have a word with the admin.

good luck
/John