Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Gregory A. Carter" <omni@dynmc.net>
To:        Brian Bunker <Brian.Bunker@corp.efi.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3c905b cards

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Brian Bunker wrote:

:Hello,
:I have a question about support for the 3com 3c905B card.  FreeBSD v2.2.7
:installs fine with the 3c905 card as vx0.  If I try to use the 3c905B card,
:FreeBSD finds the card but doesn't recognize it.  It only sees it as a PCI
:ethernet card.  This is the same way that it recognizes token ring cards.

>From my experience there was nothing I could do to get 2.2.7 to recognize
and assign a driver to my 3c905B, I have seen some chatter about maybe a
patch o drive update for the 2.2.7 kernel however I would suggest waiting
till October 15th (I think it is) for the release date of 3.0.  Or you can
update to current, which has support for the 3c905B as well as other nifty
NIC cards.  That's what I finally ended up doing anyways.

Greg

| Dynamic Networking Solutions                     InterX Technologies |
| Senior Network Administrator                          keyID 7DF9C285 |
| omni@interx.net omni@itstudio.Net omni@undernet.org omni@webpop3.com |