Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 19:53:25 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Gareth Hopkins <gareth@za.uu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Adaptec Raid Controller

Howdie,

	I have a problem with the Adaptec 2100S raid
controller card

asr0: <Adaptec Caching SCSI RAID> mem 0xfa000000-0xfbffffff irq 11 at device 12.  1 on pci0
asr0: major=154
asr0: ADAPTEC 2100S FW Rev. 370F, 1 channel, 256 CCBs, Protocol I2O

	I have installed the Storage Manager v3.04 for FreeBSD 4.1.1
from
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?cat=%2fOperating+System%2fFreeBSD&filekey=u160raid_sm_v304_fbsd411.tgz

The raidutil program works fine for the first 3 weeks or so but then
gives the following error when run

Shared Memory Allocation Failed, To Size = 400, From Size = fc00, Errno = 1c
Shared Memory Allocation Failed, To Size = 400, From Size = fc00, Errno = 1c
Engine connect failed: COMPATILITY number

I have mailed Adaptec and they have told me to recreate dpt in /dev.
Then need to reboot. I have done this and it works. Only problem is I
cannot reboot the machines every 3 weeks ( same story on 4 different
machines)

Anyone had the same problem?

---
Gareth Hopkins