Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/40430: Writing to DVD+RW using burncd does not work.

The following reply was made to PR misc/40430; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To: Peter Haight <peterh@sapros.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:18:46 +1000

 I am not a kernel hacker, but a few things look a bit odd to me, and I am
 seeking enlightenment:

 [acd ioctl handling]
 > +    case DVDIOFORMATPROGRESS:
 > +    	error = acd_get_format_progress(cdp, (int *) addr);

 [dvdio.h]
 >+#define DVDIOFORMATPROGRESS	_IOR('c', 205, struct dvd_format_params)

 Isn't this inconsistent with the above code?  Shouldn't it be "int' instead of
 'struct dvd_format_params'?

 > +static int
 > +acd_get_format_progress(struct acd_softc *cdp, int *finished)
 > +{
 [snip]
 > +    if (response.sksv)
 > +	*finished = ((response.sk_specific2 | (response.sk_specific1 << 8)) * 1
 > 00) / 65535;
 > +    else
 > +	*finished = 0;
 > +    return 0;

 Doesn't this need to use copyout()?  What happens if a user program passes
 NULL to the ioctl?

 Greg,
 whose memory of Leffler, McKusick et al is fading fast!