Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:27:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I login as root using telnet?

If nobody has answered yet, you put the word secure behind a few of the
lines in /etc/ttys under Pseudo terminals:
ttyp0   none                    network
ttyp1   none                    network
becomes
ttyp0   none                    network secure
ttyp1   none                    network secure

then kill -1 1 to activate that.

As for a free windows ssh client I suggest TeraTerm with the ttssh plugin
which is found easily via a websearch.