Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:34:30 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Davis <dd002f@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PR

> I am not certain of a good way to accomplish this, but I think an
> excellent way to start is to aim at college students (in much the way that
> Microsoft is). Currently, many of my peers are completely unaware of

	How about starting local user groups? :) I'm doing it.... Take a
clue from the Linux people, have local install-a-thons... I have one
tentavily scheduled in July... Expound upon the abilities of FreeBSD to
anyone who will listen. Again, follow the lead of the Linux people, put
FreeBSD boxes in your IS department to take over mission critical
applications. At my current job I'm working on not only moving our servers
from Novell/NT to FreeBSD, BUT I'm working on porting our industry
specific software from Win95/98/DOS to FreeBSD.... Which will add another
selling point to our software and give us increased compatibility... :)
Luckily my bosses are of the 'do what you want, just as long as it dosen't
cost us money' mentallity. :)

					Rick