Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:11:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ramses Smeyers <fatman@khk.org>
To:        Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: useripacct

Hi,

> Other than that, I can imagine an optional external daemon similar to
> natd(8) which enforces network quotas via a "divert" ipfw rule.
> Whether or not network quotas are a good thing(tm) is a whole other
> question all together... :)

first off all, I will certainly look up this stuff in the archives.

Then second, it is a good things. Large shell servers, (we are speaking in
the size of workspot and co), have to deal with 40k local users which are
generating huge amounts of traffic. 'Some' of those users are not your
average users ;), they generate a large amount of traffic and spoil the
fun of the entire group. For those 100 users, you have to imply rules on
all your users.

So yes, this features does have a future and I would like to see this in
the FreeBSD system, if you people don't like it, I just do it ;),

ys,
Ramses Smeyers