Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:28:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   savecore: Bus error (core dumped)

Hi,

I cvsup'd today to 4.2-BETA and did a make world and recompiled my kernel.
Everything appears to be working fine, except for savecore.

When savecore is run (either from rc or commandline) with a directory
argument (required) it core dumps reporting a Bus Error.

# savecore /var/crash
Bus error (core dumped)

I've tried recompiling a non-stripped version and running it through gdb,
but it didn't reveal any more information (I don't really know how to
debug this kind of problem).

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x804827a in main ()

I've remade world several times. Any suggestions on what I should do or
try?

Thanks,

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
                  -- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.