Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:29:57 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Morsal Roudbay" <morsal@swipnet.se>
Cc:        "J S" <spl1t_h0r1z0n@usa.net>, "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Re: spammers]

On Monday 16 July 2001 06:31 pm, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]
While it may be true that some ISP's don't respond to spam complaints, most
take the problem seriously. As an example here's a response I received this
morning:

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:22:59 -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> Hello,
>  The spammer below is either using your resources to send out bulk
> unsolicited commercial e-mail ("spam") or is deceptively trying to make it
> look like he is. In either case, a legitimate company like yours probably
> would not approve. The information below should be all you need.
>
> Beech Rintoul - IT Manager

Hello Mr. Rintoul,

thank you for the important message. Some our customers have a problem with
your own Mailserver (relaying problem).
We ask to for apology.
We set appropriate filters for the three Mailserver of our customers.

Excuse me and a nice day from Hamburg -[ Germany]

Sascha Wilkniss

If we don't complain the problem isn't going to get better.

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510