Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 00:17:37 -0500
From:      funkycolmedina <dustpan@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel building error

Hello all,

I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 - RELEASE last night and when I went to
rebuild the kernel for PS/2 mouse support, I found out that there were no
files at all in my /usr/src directory when switching to
/ur/src/sys/i386/conf.  Has an installation problem occured?  The only
delimna I ran into during installation was that XF86Setup failed to work
and I had to do a <ctrl>-<c> type deal (I think it worked) amd then used
SF86Config.  Other than that, all went well.  I did notice, however, that
there are a few other directories totally empty of files, even though it
was listed, I was unable to switch to the /sys directory.  I kept on saying
"Could not find file or directory"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neill rr4