Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 1994 03:20:37 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 1.1.5.1R libm

>    I've been encountering a few disheartening bugs in the math library
>while porting a few packages.  Specifically, it appears that gamma()
>is discontinuous.

Well, it is discontinuous for some x <= 0 (negative integers?).  Are
you aware that gamma() really is gamma() in libm, but it used to be
the log of the real gamma().  It is the log of the real gamma() in
[lib]msun, despite msun having 16 (!) gamma functions and a man page
that claims otherwise.

>I've also had a problem with 1og10 throwing an
>FPE.

Please give details.

>Finally, appears that gcc will put a double in a register!!

This is normal.

Bruce