Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:20:02 GMT
From:      "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/137368: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure dependence on x11/startup-notification

The following reply was made to PR ports/137368; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To: marcus@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Cc: gnome@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/137368: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure
	dependence on x11/startup-notification
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:12:07 -0300

 On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM, <marcus@freebsd.org> wrote:
 > Synopsis: x11-toolkits/libwnck: add menu option to configure dependence on x11/startup-notification
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: marcus
 > State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 8 21:05:58 UTC 2009
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > What is the purpose for making this optional?  startup-notification is not
 > that heavy, and is already required for other GNOME components.

 Startup notification is optional even for other ports that can use it.
 I'm attempting to make it possible to build a light desktop
 environment, based on Xfce. Removing the dependence on startup
 notification reduces the number of dependencies, mainly Python.

 --
 My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
 make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the