Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:24:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      tdl@widomaker.com (Troy)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI controller question

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a SCSI controller, the Tyan S1365 Yorktown.
It is a 53C825 controller (as mentioned in the FAQ) but I am concerned
when they tell us that it is a Fast/Wide SCSI-III controller,
specifically:

SCSI Bus

   16-bit
   Wide
   Single-Ended Aynchronous Transfers (up to 10 MB/sec)
   Single-Ended Synchronous Transfers (up to 20 MB/sec)

SCSI Connectors

   Internal 50-pin Vertical Low Density Connector
   Internal 68-pin Right Angle High Density Connector
   External 50-pin High Density Shielded Connector with Screw Jacks

My question is can this be used easyly with FreeBSD and a Teac 6x SCSI
CDROM?  (i.e. will the fact that it is 'Fast' or 'Wide' or 'SCSI-III' be a
problem or a plus? )  and to which port will I connect it?  Will a driver
be a problem?

Many thanks,

-Troy-

 Troy D. Landers