Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:18:00 -0400
From:      "Morse, Richard E." <REMORSE@PARTNERS.ORG>
To:        'Changpeng Zhao' <cz@building2.co.jp>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: user forum

Changpeng Zhao [mailto:cz@building2.co.jp] wrote:

> Why don't you set up an online user-forum?
>
> Forums are far better than mailings list and newsgroups for
> user (peer-to-peer) support.  There are free forum packages
> out there and the installation is very easy.

I'm kind of curious about this -- why do you find that web forums are
better?  I find that email lists make more sense -- the interface is much
faster (because you don't have to query the server for a ton of pictures for
every page you load), and I can choose to keep some messages that have info
I might want later, while trashing messages that don't interest me...

Perhaps it's just that every web-based forum I've ever used is slow and
clunky...

Ricky