Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:34:14 -0500
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doscmd: Help?

On Apr 04, 1998 at 11:09:01AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> I just set up a disk with -current to try out the doscmd DPS emulator,
> which I will need to move a production system to FreeBSD. Unfortunately,
> I haven't had much luck. Running a program called ThinkTank, I got
> a cryptic error message saying that doscmd didn't support an INT 10
> (video BIOS) function the program called. (It mostly does direct screen
> writes, so the call must have simply been the one that sets the cursor
> to be invisible.) So, I tried recompiling the program with X support.
> I launched it under xdm, and it then complained that it needed a "vga.pcf"
> font file. Found a font called vga11x19, added it, did a mkfontdir, rehashed,
> exited, re-entered, and the emulator STILL complained it didn't have the font.

I haven't tried running doscmd without X, but there are some
interrupt calls that are unimplemented.

I was under the impression that vga.pcf came with the standard X
distribution.  If this isn't the case, then perhaps I should add
it to the base distribution?

(vga.pcf.Z emailed to questioner directly)
--
Jonathan