Date:      Mon, 09 Jun 2014 13:01:42 -0400
From:      "Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   message at the end of a pkg install

When I use the pkg command to install a package, right before the pkg
command returns me to the command line, a message is printed to the
screen.  The message reads as if it is a message from the port
maintainer to me, informing me of the next steps I need to do, e.g.,
adding mumble_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf.

Usually I copy and paste that message to a file until I have the
application running correctly.   However, this time I neglected to do
so, and some information has now scrolled off into
never-come-back-from land.

I tried the command

	pkg info pkgname

But that just gave me metadata on the pkg.

I also looked around in the var directory for the information, but
didn't find anything.

So my question is:  how can I view that important message from the
port maintainer to me after it scrolls off the screen,  is it
persistent anywhere?

Thanks.