Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:31:05 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xchat depends

On 28 Apr 00, at 14:22, Matthew Hunt wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 08:55:56AM +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > But libtool isn't listed in INDEX or the webpage.  How come?
>
> I see libtool on the webpage:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/ports/devel.html
>
> And in INDEX:
>
> wopr:/usr/ports$ egrep ^libtool INDEX
> libtool-1.3.4|/usr/ports/devel/libtool|/usr/local|Generic shared library
> support script|/usr/ports/devel/libtool/pkg/DESCR|reg@FreeBSD.org|devel|||
>
> INDEX is revision 1.273.
>
> Am I missing something?

My point isn't that libtool isn't *somewhere* within the INDEX or
*somewhere* within the web pages.  My point is that libtool does not
appear as a depend where I think it should appear.  Read on.

Look at http://www.freebsd.org/ports/irc.html#xchat-1.4.2 and note that
libungif is listed under requires.  Now look at
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/graphics.html#libungif-4.1.0 and note that
libtool is a requires.

Why isn't libtool listed under xchat as a requires?
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
http://www.langille.org/     |  http://www.unixathome.org/