Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:32:36 -0400
From:      Evan Miller <forums.office@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with the most recent Intel driver

OS: PCBSD 9.1 RELEASE (latest)
PC Hardware: Thinkpad X201t  /  201 tablet with i7 620LM
   http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X201_Tablet<http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X201_Tablet>;
Graphics Hardware: Intel HD Graphics Arrandale 2010 8086:0046 6
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_HD_Graphics

Symptoms:  black/blank screen:

Setup gets to a point where it says

Detecting X Setup

   Then it quickly scrolls some script and then I get a blank screen and no
matter how long I wait nothing happens (laptop stays on) from there on.
VESA mode brings up install GUI, but dumps back to blank/black screen after
it's done setting up X. I have attempted the installation with the external
monitor. Same problem as before. On a random restart of the laptop I've
made contact with X and  I've continued with a normal GUI install and after
pressing finish allowed the restart to be faced back with the same problem
-- X has left the building.

Others are having similar problems.

I was advised by PCBSD developers that this is an issue with the new Intel
driver and asked me to report it you guys. They gave me the following
information:

Specific information about the intel driver:

Versions:

  Quote:
  xf86-video-intel-2.21.9
libdrm-2.4.46

 The actual ports are:

  Quote:
  x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel
graphics/libdrm

 Both ports were compiled with the "WITH_NEW_XORG" flag set.

Thank you!